Registrations for the eighth edition of Alta Via Stage Race will open on Sunday 15 January 2023 at 06.00 pm and will close on Monday 15 May 2023.
The procedure provides for 3 subsequent steps: fill out the form, make the payement, submit the requested documents. Registration implies unreserved acceptance of the Regulation
For any doubts you can contact the race office, by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
By clicking on the SIGN UP NOW button you will access the registration form, to be filled out in its entirety: choose the registration mode (Solo / Couple) and the participation formula (Hero / Week End), enter your personal data, select the size of your T-Shirt and any optional services you wish to book.
ATTENTION! Couples must submit a single form, with the data of both components
After filling out, the form will automatically calculate the total amount to be paid (registration fee + booked optional services). Remember to enter any discount code in your possession at this time.
For payment, you can choose between two methods:
- credit card (immediate payment)
- bank transfer (take note of the bank details and make the payment within 3 days of sending the registration form).
Individual registration fees
HERO Formula = 890 € until 15 March | 990 € from 16 March to 15 May 2023
WEEK END Formula = 400 €
Details and prices are available here
Deadline for registration
Monday 15 May 2023
ATTENTION! Couples must make a single payment
After submitting the registration form, you will be directed to a second form that will allow you to upload and send the mandatory documents:
- copy of identity document
- copy of racing license > find out more
- copy of competitive medical certificate > find out more
- self-declaration of health status, filled out and signed by the participant > download here
- liability waiver, filled out and signed by the participant > download here
This form will also allow you to book any optional services that you have not already chosen when registering. The relative payment can be made in the same way as above (credit card or bank transfer within 3 days of sending the form).
If you are not ready to send your documents right away, you can do it afterwards, in any case no later than 15 May 2023: to retrieve the form, you have to click here
ATTENTION! This second form is individual: couples will have to send two (one for the captain and one for the second component)
Alta Via Stage Race is open to all athletes in possession of:
- racing license 2023 issued by Italian Cycling Federation, by CSAIn (Centri Sportivi Aziendali e Industriali) or by other FCI affiliated Sports Promotion Bodies (Italian athletes)
- racing license 2023 issued by National Cycling Federations and recognized by the UCI (foreign athletes).
Athletes who are not member of a National Cycling Federation can choose whether to become a member independently or request the activation of the license (that is mandatory for participation in cycling races) through the Outdoor Experience Finale Ligure association, organizer of Alta Via Stage Race. The license will be issued by CSAIn Sports Promotion Body and will be valid for the whole year, until 31/12/2023. To obtain the license it is necessary to present a competitive medical certificate for cycling, issued no earlier than six months. The service costs € 50. To request the service and send the certificate, it is necessary to use the documents form.
Competitive medical certificate
The competitive medical certificate is required both from licensed athletes and unlicensed athletes who choose to use the service made available by the Organization.
The certificate must be valid until 17 June 2023 inclusive.
You can download a standard competitive medical certificate here
Registration is binding. In case of withdrawal, the following criteria will be applied:
- for cancellations received by 30 April 2023, a refund of 50% of the fee is provided
- for cancellations received by 31 May 2023, a refund of 25% of the fee is provided
- for cancellations received after 31 May 2023, there is no refund.
Withdrawals may only be made in writing.
The refund will be made in 60 days following receipt of the written notice of withdrawal.
Event cancellation due to health emergency
If the event has to be canceled due to restrictive measures - attested by official documents - relating to the health emergency from Covid-19, the participation fee will be fully refunded within 90 days.